Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jim Brandenburg

After last week I thought I enjoyed Richard Misratch's photography the most out of the artists we have viewed; and then we watched the biography on Jim Brandenburg. I really enjoyed the video on his book and hearing his process of taking several of the photos in his 90 day endeavor. The discipline that he showed in limiting himself to one photograph a day is unbelievable. I can't imagine trying to take an interesting photograph everyday, but only allowing yourself one exposure. As far as content goes, the type of photographs he took are the kind that I enjoy looking at the most, and also the kind that I strive to take when I am out taking pictures. I love to go out to the desert or the mountains and take pictures of the environment with no people around. I've always wanted to be able to take photographs of wildlife, but it is hard to encounter them on your schedule; It took Jim Brandenburg living in the wilderness for a number of years before the wolf population in the area started to trust him enough to come close so he could photograph them. I would really like to see more on this artist and hope to be able to get his book.

No comments: