Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Ordover Gallery: The San Diego Natural History Museum



The exhibit "Photography at the Poles" was my favorite one of the three that we were to go see. My favorite pictures to take are of the outdoors, in secluded territories, and when you are able to photograph such interesting animal life, it really adds to the images. My favorite pictures in the gallery did not include wildlife within the image, they were more architectural creations in nature. The pieces were by Bill Atkinson and were titled "Blue Wall" and "Ice Floe." Like the image I chose at the Museum of Photographic Arts, I felt these pieces created a certain mood that was not as apparent in the other photographs. I would love to be able to take a trip to such a secluded area, especially one like the poles where the colors are so unique to that type of climate. Polar photography seems to be able to capture a certain color of blue that you can not see anywhere else.

No comments: